Transfer recordings to and from your computer
The Recorder app works with File Sharing. See iOS: About File Sharing
- Connect your iPhone to Computer
- Locate File Sharing for the iPhone on the computer
- In the File Sharing section choose Recorder app
- To transfer to the computer:
- Select recordings folders and drag them into a location on the computer.
- Wait for folders to be copied and open folders on the computer. There you will find recordings that can be played on the computer.
- To transfer to the app from the computer you can either drag individual audio files or folders with audio files.
- To copy individual recordings:
- Launch the Recorder app on the iPhone and open the folder where you want to copy the files.
- Drag some audio files from the computer into File Sharing and see them appear in the Recorder app.
- Note: if the app is not launched during the file transfer the files will appear in "Everything else" folder
- Drag folders files from the computer into File Sharing and wait for them to appear in File Sharing.
- Open Recorder app on the iPhone and add a folder
- Notice newly added folder name will match the first folder that was transferred
- Keep adding folders until you have all folders that been transferred.